Wayside Publishing is looking for an Instructional Support Coordinator to help support the Instructional Development team with day-to-day activities. Some of these activities include, but are not limited to, organizing travel, professional development session planning, organizing, and maintaining a timeline for projects/workflow, and organizing and tracking year-over-year data. This role is an integral part of the team and key to the department's continued growth and will work closely with the Manager and all members of the team. We are looking for someone with solid aptitude, a positive attitude, and at least 2 years of experience.
- Travel arrangements and reservations for members of the team.
- Conference scheduling, attendance, and registration.
- Back-end support for trainings and professional development events.
- Ensure coverage and availability for all requests of the team.
- Other related activities.
- Organizational workflow of team projects.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure clear communication between teams and to ensure projects remain on course.
- Function as team owner for instructional and pre-sales materials: ensure materials are current, organized, determine products needing more coverage, etc.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Admins to communicate new projects, gather input, communicate recommendations to the Manager.
- Facilitation of team projects: set timeline, project deliverables output, communication to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with conferences coordinator for workshop and speaker sessions.
- Update internal communication boards with details and/or summaries of completed projects.
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager.
- Customer-related communications.
- Assist in handling urgent requests when the team is traveling.
- Attend conferences/events, assist when needed.
- Data tracking, reporting, and other related activities.
- Ordering department supplies.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Minimum of 2 years in support or administrative role
- Experience with focused work on quality over quantity
- World languages, teaching, or publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Strong customer service skills, and command of grammar and spelling when writing
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work as a team player and independently under limited supervision at times
- Knowledge of education sector, K-12, is a plus
- Knowledge and comfort with technology, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, webinar tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish or French is an asset
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
Wayside Publishing is a K-12 publisher based in Freeport, Maine. Our language learning strategies embrace and reflect those endorsed by current research and by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our goal is to engage students and teachers across the country in the pursuit of interculturality, global citizenship, and lifelong learning. Join our team.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE