Greenville University is currently seeking a Head Coach, eSports. The eSports coach will be responsible for recruiting qualified students for both club and competitive varsity level teams, scheduling and coaching intercollegiate matches and tournaments, scheduling practice preparation, and scheduling the training lab/arena with time for walk-ins interested in gaming. The coach must demonstrate a vision for a collegiate eSports program at Greenville University.
- Preparing eSport student-athletes for NACE, Tespa and other competition and tournaments;
- Developing, preparing and executing fall and spring practice schedules and competition. Communicate practice times and event times with team members.
- Instructing, teaching and coaching student-athletes on game strategies and performance principles during practice and competition.
- Conducting video analysis and instruction as a teaching and preparation tool.
- Collaborating with Recruitment and Admissions to recruit and enroll qualified eSports students for club sports and varsity level competition team.
- Collaborating with the Center for Academic Success and Advising on the advising and retention of students recruited specifically for club sports or the varsity level competitive team.
- Ensuring that the competitive varsity level club program meets annual squad size number (currently 15).
- Adhere to University and NACE Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring player eligibility in all collegiate leagues and competition and maintain player records of that eligibility.
- Development of schedules for competitions that are fiscally efficient and spectator friendly.
- Effectively uses fiscal resources to coordinate team travel and recruiting.
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for the eSports program in the community.
- Representing the University at conferences, regional, state and national meetings relating specifically to eSports.
- Provide accurate data for individual and team accomplishments, as well as game scores.
- Provides reports and documentation when required
- Communication of monthly recruiting activity with the Athletic Director and Admissions.
- Participating in the development and implementation of an assessment plan to measure program outcomes.
- Creation and maintenance of inventory for uniforms, supplies and equipment
- Preventive maintenance of physical resources.
- Ensuring that all surfaces are kept clean and equipment is sanitized and disinfected as needed.
- Monitoring of room usage for safety concerns and working with the Facilities department on remediation.
- Ensure that facility and equipment is properly secured at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A lifestyle in agreement with the Greenville Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Statement
- Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Greenville University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle. Eligible to rent a car via the university’s account when/as needed.
- Ability to manage time, projects, and deadlines. Experience in the implementation of programs or workshops with strong emphasis on details and follow up on assignments.
- Ability to operate computer equipment in eSports Lab/Arena including knowledge of gaming platforms and supporting websites.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment for optimal gaming experience.
- Ability to file maintenance both paper and electronic
- Demonstrated aptitude for utilizing windows based desktop and mobile equipment including smartphones and/or other smart devices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have Gaming Knowledge and competitive level experience with multiplayer online video games.
- Knowledge of NACE and Tespa rules and regulations.
- Flexible full-time schedule (normal office hours 8 am to 5 pm), arranged around teaching/coaching student-athletes, recruiting, scheduled team practice and competition times, and staff meetings.
- Must meet travel expectations as required for the position.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.
Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.