As a Human Resources Generalist, you will support CentroMotion’s Weasler Engineering business unit, directly reporting to the Regional HR Manager. This position will act as a business partner supporting activities such as HRIS reporting, payroll queries, employee relations/labor relations, employee engagement/retention strategies, recruitment/talent acquisition efforts, talent development, and talent review processes in order to achieve the CentroMotion’s HR strategic plan.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
- Facilitate the interview, selection, and offer process for open job requisitions. Assist hiring managers with creating job descriptions for new positions.
- Partner with CentroMotion Recruiting Manager to provide a robust new hire onboarding experience and process all necessary onboarding paperwork.
- Provide advice and guidance on the interpretation of company policies and procedures as they relate to individuals and company objectives.
- Interpret and provide guidance to operating management with respect to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Partner with the management team to communicate HR policy changes, procedures and programs to the organization.
- Become the “voice of the employee,” keeping your “ear to the ground” and sharing what employees are looking for from a retention and engagement standpoint.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Assist in resolving employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings, Performance Improvement Plans and, as needed, termination.
- May participate in union grievance meetings and preparation.
- Assist with the annual talent review process in identifying top talent and assisting managers in developing action plans.
- Assist HR leaders in implementing strategic initiatives to attract, engage and retain talent within the Weasler Engineering facility.
- Assist in leading the annual performance review process providing guidance to managers and employees.
Other HR Tasks:
- Responsible for ensuring that all employee data is accurate in HRIS and oversee organizational charts and their accuracy.
- Process all new hire, promotions, transfers, terminations, etc. in HRIS and ensure all employee files are updated as required.
- Complete exit interviews, identify trends and establish turnover metrics.
- Respond to verification of employment requests.
- Assist with salaried new hire onboarding activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.