Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
Produce information to support Connect for Health Colorado (C4HCO) business decision-making through the analysis, design, testing and delivery of reports and extracts. Consult with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and roles to meet their information needs. Combine knowledge of critical Business Intelligence (BI) systems with innovative data extraction capabilities and produce continuous improvements in information management and delivery. Cultivate a deep understanding of customers, business operations, opportunities, and challenges to develop BI solutions that lead to measurable improvements.
• Consult with and support business leaders and analysts in meeting their information needs.
• Develop, test and implement operational and strategic reports, including summaries, drill-downs, filters and groupings.
• Prepare data extracts, including public use datasets, for regulators and external data analysts.
• Ensure compliance with data management policies and procedures, including information security, data governance & distribution and retention/destruction.
• Document, maintain and execute Business Intelligence processes and data/metric definitions.
• Consistently and efficiently perform testing on data results for new initiatives as well as current processes.
• Work occasionally with sensitive IRS-regulatory data that requires passing an FBI fingerprint-based background check.
• Collaborate with team members to ensure best practices to approach/delivery.
• Ensure reports and extracts comply with design and coding standards.
• Provide ad hoc reporting with analytical reasoning to produce information to solve business problems.
• Data Integrity: Actively monitor recurring and non-recurring reports for accuracy and reasonableness. Work with IT and business teams to ensure quality data sources are established and maintained.
• Customer Communication: Ensure customer has clear understanding of the report/analysis and communicate results and opportunities clearly and accurately.
• Undergraduate degree in business intelligence, computer science, engineering, or related field and/or equivalent years of work experience.
• Colorado resident
• 4-5 years strong track record of applying analytics to improve business results.
• Ability to demonstrate effective presentations and informal briefings that explain highly technical analyses in business terms to diverse audiences such as executives, data-savvy business analysts, technical analysts and public audiences.
• 2-3 years proven track record to manage priorities and consistently meet deadlines using Agile practices (Kanban, JIRA), including creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
• 2-3 years of developing reports based on multiple complex data models and working with structured and unstructured data.
• 4-5 years strong SQL skills (Snowflake SQL experience a plus), familiarity with Stored Procedures, and excellent data analysis and quantitate skills.
• 1-2 years Solid practice of using GitHub (or similar Cloud storage service) to store and manage code.
• 4-5 years experience with Windows Task Scheduler, Power BI, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and Visio.
• Experience automating system tasks via PowerShell, Python, SnowSQL, R or other similar language, as appropriate to the C4HCO BI architecture and processes.
• Work with Cognos Analytics to run, pull, post and use report data from the State’s Cognos system.
• Solid knowledge of current cloud-based BI architectures (AWS and Azure experience is a plus), including the use of cloudflare, puTTY or similar.
• Skilled in proactively collaborating with team members to create and maintain BI data dictionaries, data models and other critical documentation.
• Familiarity with ETL/ELT tools for data extraction, transformation and loading (i.e., Matillion, SSIS, etc.).
• Familiarity with health care and/or insurance industries preferred.
• Currently working remotely
• The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
• Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The hiring range for this position is $91,740.00 to $117,700.00.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.