Optimal GEO is seeking multiple entry-level and experienced Geospatial Analysts to join our team supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)’s Janus programs. A Geospatial Analyst is responsible for performing geospatial data creation, analysis and processing tasks relating to the development of GIS databases, the compilation of geospatial data required for multiple-scale map, and database production. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, interpret, and execute established production guidance and processes across multiple geospatial products under the supervision of the Technical Lead.
- Construct spatial datasets and apply tabular attribution information using ArcGIS or similar software.
- Identify new technical processes and procedures for performing Foundation Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) production work including feature extraction, conflation, and scaling.
- Ensure geospatial products comply with applicable specifications and adhere to all quality control and assurance procedures.
- Ensure assignment deadlines are met, efficiencies are maintained, and issues are quickly identified and addressed.
- May require infrequent to periodic travel or field work.
- Demonstrable personal interest in the areas of geography, GIS, GEOINT, LiDAR, photogrammetry, cartography, imagery analysis, remote sensing or surveying.
- Completion of directly applicable military training or a post-secondary curriculum with a minimum of two years participation.
- Experience extracting, manipulating, and exploiting spatial datasets using ArcGIS (v10.x).
- Current/Active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one upon employment.
- Local to Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO or willing to relocate.
- One or more years of experience supporting NGA’s Janus or GEOINT Data Services programs.
- Experience with common Foundation GEOINT products and schemas including but not limited to TDS, MGCP, AFD, AAFIF, GeoNames/GNDB, and VO/DVOF.
- Experience with product assembly (hard copy) methods and processes including the creation of TLM, MTM, JOG, and TPC.
- Experience developing automated scripts, tools or programs with common programming languages including but not limited to Python, SQL, Java, C#, and Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of programs of other federal agencies including but not limited to AGC, NAVFAC, USACE, and USGS.
- Certification from an accredited professional society or organization.
- Duties are performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances and spatial relationships.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.