*Applications submitted without a cover letter may not be considered*
The Catering Sales Manager will handle all catering and rental sales opportunities for our two unique venues, the Beer Hall and Investors Pub, as well as develop other creative solutions for us to host groups large and small. Our clients range from birthdays and weddings to corporate celebrations and trade shows and range in size from two dozen people to 300 or more. Along with sales related activities, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining internal and external relationships to continuously improve our offerings and service.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Handles all catering opportunities that are received via website, email, phone, tradeshows, networking or in person visits
- Manages the sales efforts and communicates with Banquet and Marketing departments as outlined.
- Responds to all incoming catering inquiries. Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and venue revenue goals.
- Completes all training on Triple Seat or other designated booking programs within designated time frame and understands system capabilities
- Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events from CVB and meets pre-determined solicitation activity goals
- Networks at approved events to develop referral business from vendors, planners, competitors and business contacts
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets and provides forecasting reports.
- Assist with developing menus that drive sales.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Executes and supports Customer Service Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence, event orders and all follow up through event re-solicitation).
- Participates in and practices daily, weekly, service basic meetings, event review, forecast, operations or other as outlined.
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from Catering to Operations delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment.
- Contracts and closes catering events and confirms that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery to Culinary and Banquet teams.
- Implements service strategy and applicable initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
Building Successful Relationships
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to maintain guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before, during and after their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceeds their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Saint Arnold Brewing Company.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations. Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.