Manufacturing company located in Chicago Heights, IL is looking for an experienced Controller. This is a position with growth potential. The person in this role reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for managing staff members in the accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepares monthly financial statements, profit sharing reports, and assists with variance reporting versus plan.
· Assists in the annual budget process and forecasting. Reports significant budget differences.
· Prepares monthly summary of commercial team expense reports, and ensures reports include proper documentation as required.
· Updates and monitors the company’s daily cash position.
· Prepares journal entries and account reconciliation.
· Oversees quarterly OH CAT Tax filing.
· Serves as the primary point of contact for external auditors.
· Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
· Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
· Ensures financial reports results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Strong understanding of payables, receivables, and financial statements.
· Desire to grow, learn, and develop current skillset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
· Proficient in accounting software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
· 5 -10 years of related experience required.
· Manufacturing experience preferred; however, not required.
· Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Able to travel as needed.