Springs Rescue Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Ensure a safe environment and smooth operation of the Springs Rescue Mission Guest Services department, to include, shelters, day center, welcome center, New Life Program front desk and Greenway Flats front desk. Interact with guests in the shelter environment and residents in the supportive housing areas. Provide hospitality with compassion while being firm in enforcing the guidelines for operations that are safe and secure for all. Coordinators are also responsible for organizing activities with regular volunteers. Coordinate with Guest Services Supervisors to encourage and promote a safe environment, conducive to healthy living and growth in Christ, as well as ensuring smooth operation of all facilities. Meet the needs of residents as appropriate and be available and open for relational ministry with residents.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and can properly execute the duties of one or more coordinator assignments
- Utilizes Shelter check-in process with volunteers and security, making sure all guests are accounted for
- Seeks to engage in natural conversation with guests, offering hope for change in a journey from brokenness to a new life based on relationship with Jesus Christ
- Responds to interpersonal situations and attempts to deescalate crises before they arise
- Enforces firm behavioral standards
- Assists and supports volunteers in their service
- Demonstrates the ability to set and maintain healthy boundaries in line with SRM values
- Seeks to grow in understanding and execution of Shelter philosophy and processes
- Collaborate with Supervisors to communicate and enforce shelter rules and procedures that encourage overall safety and security
- Monitor and ensure guests are accounted for in accordance with Guest Services schedule of activities.
- Provide support, encouragement and accountability to guests.
- Oversee Guest Services activities including registering and check-in guests nightly, bag checks, assign beds, maintain daily schedule, ensure Healthy Engagement tasks are completed by guests as assigned, ensure all pets are secured in kennels and inform guests of shelter pet policy, ensure strict adherence to all safety policies and procedures
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations such as guest misbehavior or medical emergencies
- Contact Supervisor in the event of incidents involving dismissal of guest or altercations that are not resolved by verbal intervention. Submit a written incident report in a timely manner
- Submit daily program report to supervisor documenting activities, incident reports and summarizing issues and needs related to the shelter or guests
- Understand and operate all security systems including alarms, fire panel and smoke detectors.
- Make every attempt to respond to and diffuse situations before escalation, handle disputes and altercations appropriately
- Maintain order, oversee daily schedule to maintain cleanliness and safety of shelter. Place maintenance or I.T. work orders as needed
- Assist Supervisor with fire drills and emergency evacuation procedures as instructed.
- Supports proper training and recognition of volunteers for their partnership with Springs Rescue Mission and engages them in meaningful work that leverages volunteers as a resource
- Provide prayer support as needed or requested
- Collaborate with Shelter Supervisor to establish and implement house rules and procedures that advance the program and encourage overall safety and security; maintain ongoing communication
- Monitor and ensure residents are accounted for in accordance with regular House schedule.
- Provide support, encouragement and accountability to residents
- Honor house rules through implementation of case management directives
- Performs random/routine checks of dorms, residents and belongings upon entrance and/or exit of property
- Conducts incremental rounds for fire and security purposes
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred
- Previous experience working within a Christian recovery environment desired
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a constant witness. Christ-centered and compassionate attitude in dealing with people including the homeless and faithfully upholds and exemplifies SRM’s Statement of Faith
- Serves as an advocate for the homeless and raising awareness of the needs and concern for the addicted, and those in poverty; engaging others within one’s influence of greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of this population in Colorado Springs
- Believes that volunteers are vital to accomplishing the Vision and Mission of Springs Rescue Mission and thus is part of mobilizing the community in the fight against addiction, poverty and homelessness
- Desire to serve the Lord in ministry to the lost, hungry, cold and frightened. Be able and willing to exercise compassion and discernment while modeling the pursuit of Christ likeness.
- Ability to handle crisis and unexpected situations with calm and clear thinking, demonstrating good analysis and judgment to bring resolution
- Trustworthy, reliable, insightful and perceptive
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of addiction and recovery preferred
- Able and willing to honor and uphold the leadership and mission of SRM.
- Thorough, systematic and organized with regard to security and protocol
- Street knowledge and understanding of anger management highly desired
- Computer literate, able to use basic office equipment
- CPR/First Aid preferred
- Able to read, write and perform basic mathematical computations
- Two years of sobriety if in recovery
- Flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and willingness to work holidays as they coincide with regular shifts
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
- Climbing stairs – occasionally
- Lifting –occasionally, up to 40 lbs
- Bending - occasionally
* Salary & benefits include the following: $14.00 -$15.00/hour, DOE.
* Full benefits package to include: medical benefits with SRM paying 85% of the medical premium, voluntary Dental, Vision, Allstate Accident Plan, SRM-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D. Also offered are 8 paid holidays, 21 days of accruable PTO, paid “Soul Care Retreat” days (up to 4 depending upon availability), and a 403b retirement plan with SRM-match after one (1) year, 100% vested beginning DOH; (Benefits are subject to change based on reevaluation or benefit plan changes annually.)
*Benefits begin at 1st of the following month after completing a full 30 days of employment (I.E. start date 4 January 2021, benefits initiate 1 March 2021)