Loan Administration Specialist (full-time)
This position performs a variety of administrative functions necessary to support the relationship management of the commercial lending portfolio. The individual will work with loan officers, customers, and other departments, assuring consistent communications in a professional, timely manner. Position assists customers and resolves problems concerning commercial, consumer, and mortgage relationships in a positive, cost-effective manner. Position supports a team of Commercial Lenders and has cross-training support of certain commercial loan operations functions. This is intended as a general description, but duties may differ somewhat between lender assignments.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Obtains information related to the loan origination process including ordering credit reports, appraisals, preliminary title reports, UCC searches, insurance information, flood certificates, GEO Code, Secretary of State filings, ensures proper filing and titling of motor vehicle transactions, and various other items.
• Assists lenders in the preparation of disbursement worksheets, pre-funding packages, loan documentation checklists and other communications necessary to properly document the credit and loan files.
• Obtains the required updated financial and insurance information to support outstanding loans.
• Provides administrative assistance to loan officers and staff, including updating loan data for entry into the financial institution’s computers and assembling documentation for loans.
• Prepares spreadsheets, reports, summaries, and opinions for financial institution lenders on new, renewing, and existing loans.
• Assists lenders in closing loans with customers as needed and ensures that loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates, and other relevant data.
• Assembles and verifies accuracy of loan documents.
• Checks documents for proper vesting, legal descriptions, closing dates and signatures.
• Requests all necessary initial disclosures from the Loan Operations Department.
• Serves as a secondary contact point for current and potential customers. Coordinate correspondence and follow-up activities, both verbal and written. Schedules loan closings and places on the bank-wide calendar.
• Assists lenders with loan participations to include the coordination of the execution of participation agreements, closing documents and disbursements with participating banks. Processes advances and payments on loan participations.
• Provides administrative assistance on SBA loans, including packaging, document preparation and fee disbursements.
• Follows up on tickler file for each loan to assure adherence to the covenants and conditions pertaining to each loan. Review customer files to determine what financial and other information is needed and or required and prepare the correspondence to customers requesting such.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of the bank’s NuPoint, Center Doc, and other systems to obtain needed information. Answer’s telephone and assists customers and other staff with routine inquiries, transfers, and loan payoffs.
• Handles change of address notifications on loan related customers.
• Completes clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing documents and organizing and maintaining supplies. Ensures all documents are scanned and filed in a timely manner.
• PROTECTS THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ALL FINANCIAL DATA RELATING TO FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OPERATIONS AND CUSTOMERS.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
Required Knowledge & Skills:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, talk, hear and lift up to 25 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.