This position will ideally be filled by someone who is able to contribute to the complete operations of the Brewery and Taproom. The candidate should be comfortable and able to work in food service, beer tending, and in taproom maintenance on a weekly/daily basis. He/she must be willing to assist in detailed cleaning of the taproom, as well as assist in daily food service needs. This position is all encompassing and will be best filled by a team player.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a genuine passion for craft beer. Good communication and exceptional hospitality skills are critical. The candidate should be detail oriented, organized, hardworking, and comfortable working in a team atmosphere and in serving large groups of people on any given day.
To be eligible for this position you must meet the requirements below:
- Prior beer knowledge and hospitality industry experience
- Ability to describe tasting notes of all of Hardywood’s beverage portfolio
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized fashion
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift 55 lb. repeatedly, and move and place 165 lb. kegs
- Strong commitment to safety
- Required attendance for certain holidays and beer releases. Can provide dates upon request.
- Must be able to work in both Richmond and Westcreek location
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Checking proper forms of ID of all guests that look to be 35 years of age or younger and applying wristbands when necessary.
- Tactfully identifying intoxicated guests and assisting with safe rides home (friends, family, cab rides) Must communicate with Hardywood management team when dealing with uncooperative guests.
- Assist co-workers and management with waste clean up/removal and stocking of event supplies.
- Must be able to assist in the management of crowds of up to 150 people and stand for 5-10+ hours on a regular basis. Weekends and evening availability is a must.
- 21 +
- Hours include working evenings, weekends, and private/public events.
- Ideal candidate will have Certified Beer Server Certification from www.cicerone.org or be willing to accomplish this goal, within 60 days of hire date.
- Assist with weekly tasks including laundry, taproom cleaning, line cleaning, food preparation, inventory, etc.
- Assist with food and taproom ordering through vendors (i.e Birdie’s, JM Stock, PFG) to ensure taproom is fully stocked with food items and ingredients for food prep
- Be present and assist with weekly beer deliveries; will be available to make trips to Richmond and/or West Creek if needed
- Contribute to the ongoing effort to generate greater foot traffic and revenue in the taproom by providing insights, ideas, and possible avenues for Hardywood’s growth
- Assist in facility maintenance and upkeep