PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced full-time Phlebotomist.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Collect blood and perform basic laboratory testing. Enter results and data entry into computer system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Efficiently and skillfully performs phlebotomy techniques to ensure sample integrity, which includes accurately and proficiently performing venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients.
- Clean and prepare equipment, instruments, and work area to efficiently collect blood samples.
- Properly identify and label samples, process within a timely manner and/or prepare for analysis.
- Perform waived testing to include, urinalysis, pregnancy, rapid strep tests and other tests as required.
- Responsible for receiving and accurately processing laboratory orders both internally and externally.
- Assist with routine maintenance and quality control as required.
- Responsible for answering phones, reviewing reference lab manifests for result completion, faxing results to external providers, removing inactive orders and troubleshooting incorrect orders.
- Accurately utilizes and is proficient in using multiple computer systems within department.
- Assist in care of patients before, during, and after drawing of blood.
- Interact courteously and professionally with patients, staff and vendors.