Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand, "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies and apply to specific duties.
2. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team to effectively perform duties.
3. Consistently follow and enforce proper procedures and processes for conformance to standards under the direction of the Food Service Manager/Cook.
4. Prepare and serve nutritious, appealing meals from scratch for 40 tenants under the direction of the Food Service Manager/Cook.
5. Maintain proper department sanitation following state and federal regulations.
6. Ensure that portion control, appearance and temperature of all food items is appropriate and of high quality.
7. Ensure timely meal service and clean up.
This position requires a person who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team to carry out job duties. Food service experience is a plus! High school diploma or equivalent is required. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• The person in this position must possess reading, writing and basic computer skills that will allow him/her to log information and maintain information systems
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse tenants and staff
• Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
Must be able to remain on feet for most of working hours, tolerate extreme temperatures, safely navigate stairs, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Center City Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.