Sargent and Greenleaf delivers proven security solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. For the past 160+ years, our high-security locks and industry expertise have been trusted by governments, banks, and businesses of all kinds to meet their security needs and counter emerging threats. S&G’s portfolio of high-quality electronic and mechanical locks are used in a wide range of applications including gun safes, commercial safes, ATMs, vaults, and highly sensitive SCIF environments.
Our unique family of brands offers a comprehensive portfolio of lock and door solutions to serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs. Through our trusted brands – Delaney Hardware and Premier Steel Doors and Frames – we offer businesses and homeowners high-quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade doors and hardware, multi-family and residential security solutions.
Together, we are on mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
The Product Specialist will support product management in product and market research, product development, product marketing, and management. The Product Specialist will support product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including capturing/prioritizing product requirements (voice of customer), defining the product vision, and working closely with Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing, and Sales to ensure revenue and customer goals are met.
- As needed and assigned, support each new or existing product with product life cycle requirements
- Advocate for collaboration within the organization on product specs, drawings, material specs, sample requests, and cost targets
- Support final product go to market strategies and commercialization launches
- Conduct product research with end-users of potential new and existing products to understand how they are used – capture product development opportunities
- Primary lead on evaluating competitive product landscape including analysis of product performance, materials, and build processes
- Assist in the setup of all new SKUs in Netsuite
- Champion assigned projects through the Product Development process; Interact closely with all groups involved in PD process; Marketing, Management, Engineering, Compliance, Supply Chain, and Sales
- Recognize the product support needs of the sales team to ensure they possess full knowledge of the product(s)
- Work with the marketing team to define customer needs and manage the creation of high caliber customer communications
- Design pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Be an expert with respect to the product category and competition; assist in the execution of strategic plans to grow the Components product category.
- Complete assigned tasks relative to development, commercialization, as well as rationalization of all components
- Limited travel to support specific customer engagements and industry events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to think globally and strategically about own business
- Proven credibility earned through delivering results
- Natural collaborator and networker who can effectively develop rapport internally and externally
- High level of personal motivation and initiative with capability to motivate, excite, and engage others
- Operate with an entrepreneurial spirit in launching new ideas through passion and the ability to lead change
- Superior presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid technology foundation and acumen
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Design, Business Administration along with 2 plus years related product management/product marketing/product development/engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required – Sharepoint, and Project preferred)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven business acumen, exceptional interpersonal capabilities, and attention to detail
Department: Customer Relations Department FLSA: Exempt, Salary
Location: Cumming, GA or Nicholasville, KY Reports to: Product Manager
Travel: up to 20% Manages: No Direct Reports Currently
S&G Vision & Values
S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the S&G corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership.
S&G is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and work on a computer.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- The employee must be able and willing to travel both domestic and international, up to 20% (possibility of including some weekends).