Under the supervision of the Packaging Department Supervisor, the packaging associate is part of the packaging team executing daily production schedules. Assists in the transference of cheese from creamery to packaging; has accountability for lots and weights. Organizes distributor purchase orders on pallets with proper log forms for traceability on computer scans and logs books. Assists with the preparation for Farmer's Market. Performs pre and post sanitation of production room.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Sanitation Following daily SSOP's
· Assist with crumble production
· Production in Packaging Room (wrapping, boxing)
· Prepare workstations for next day production
· Labels product
· Material handling
· Proper sanitation testing before each production change
· Assists with Preparation for Farmer's Markets
· End of Day Clean-up
· Fills in where needed to ensure efficient operations
· Responsible for Quality check points
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Excellent Customer Service Skills (Internally & Externally)
· Problem solving/Analysis
· Time Management
· Assist in data collection and reporting
· Knowledge of production sop's
· Knowledge of packaging equipment and be able to trouble shoot equipment problems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a packaging room setting. The job includes working in the packaging room where it can be wet and cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to lift, transport, pull and push up to 50 pounds regularly. Must be able to regularly stand, walk, lift carry, push, pull, climb, bend, and perform other general duties. Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your feet as this position will spend 90% of the time standing. Climbing, reaching, walking, sitting, grasping, repetitive motions, visual acuity, and hearing.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Accepts flexible working schedule which can include weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Quality Assurance Classes
· Cleaning and Sanitation Classes to keep up on current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
· Ability to track and report lots and weights
The law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.