The primary responsibilities of the Data & Performance Analyst are to: 1) under the direction of the Manager of Data Analytics, play a lead role in developing and maintaining a system to manage the performance for DESC’s federally funded programs; 2) analyze and summarize program data from DESC’s case management systems to effectively manage performance of DESC contractors in partnership with program staff; 3) analyze program trends to identify opportunities for improvement; and 4) develop and implement data management strategies that maximize positive performance. The goal of these activities is to enable the organization and its funded programs to run more effectively and efficiently in order to achieve operational excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and maintain a system to manage the performance for DESC’s federally funded programs that utilize the State-sponsored system (One-Stop Management Information System/OSMIS), Launchpad (Salesforce platform) and current mechanisms to manage contractor performance, such as Key Performance Indicators
· Regularly prepare and maintain reports for management and C Suite analysis that capture system wide, program and contractor performance
· Develop and maintain a system to validate key programmatic data elements related to performance of federally and non-federally funded programs
· Utilize One-Stop Management Information System (OSMIS), Launchpad, and other databases to analyze data by program and contractor and develop recommendations and tools that can be used to correct performance issues related to data management
· Monitor performance for federally funded programs. Create queries and reports that help both leadership and partners identify potential issues and areas for improvement.
· Create training materials for use of OSMIS, Launchpad, and other case management systems to manage the following federally programs: WIOA, PATH, TAA, FAE&T, FAE&T Plus and Wagner Peyser and all other programs
· Identify and recommend data capture and reporting needs
· Conduct formal trainings and provide technical assistance to contracted service providers on how to use DESC’s local system (Salesforce platform) and the State of Michigan’s statewide system (OSMIS) that both capture services and outcomes of job seekers and businesses
· Draw insightful conclusions from large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and manage large datasets using Excel or other database and statistical software;
· Present research findings and recommendations to management
· Conduct quantitative and qualitative research into employment, economic, and education and training issues in the region
· Prepare presentations, memos, etc., to communicate research findings, analysis, and recommendations, and to build partner support for agreed upon strategies
· In partnership with external evaluators, assist in evaluation of program effectiveness, investigate trends, and recommend modifications to improve program effectiveness
· Provide support to adult and youth program staff by assisting with development and maintenance of reports and contract Key Performance Indicators
· Assist adult and youth program staff in monitoring performance and integrity of data and information of DESC funded partners
· Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with, staff and local stakeholders while maintaining working relationships in all aspects
· Organize and facilitate various meetings, as necessary
· Demonstrate strong strategic thinking skills
· Perform other related duties as required.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Specific qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Considerable knowledge of statistical analysis methods and techniques
• Robust analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in person, in writing and by telephone
• Strong training and facilitation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Must be able to demonstrate project management skills
to produce quality, timely, and complete work product
• Ability to exhibit professionalism at all times
• Seek growing responsibility and show great capacity for work.
• Ability to work under pressure and reprioritize to meet deadlines; and
• Must be discrete and professional, particularly when handling confidential information.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Local area travel may be required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in applied statistics/math, business administration, public policy, education, or another related field is required
• At least five (5) years of related professional experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a role that focused on data and performance management in OSMIS is required
• Experience with Salesforce is strongly desired
• Project management experience and skills are required.
• Relevant experience working in a nonprofit and/or public/community-based organization is preferred.
• Experience researching and analyzing training and workforce initiatives or other social service programs and general knowledge of workforce trends in metro Detroit and nation highly desirable.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required. Salary commensurate with experience.
Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC), an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within the organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.