General Material Handling responsibilities in a manufacturing environment, including operating a forklift, clearing production lines, maintaining production storage system (i.e. inventory control, FIFO), checking product for quality, and performing various other tasks, all with an emphasis on quality and safety.
· Identifies and transports requested materials to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and storage areas
· Prepares Bills of Ladings
· Checks in/assigns drivers to docks for unloading and inspects trucks for cleanliness/compliance prior to loading
· Obtains production schedule and/or shipping orders and then identifies, verifies, and transports product accordingly
· Applies understanding of machine loading capacity and loading schedule, ensuring prompt and efficient delivery of required items
· Reports any problems with materials or transportation to coordinator
· Manages and stacks pallets, bins, and other supplies in specified areas.
· Services equipment as needed, reporting mechanical or electrical difficulties to Warehouse Manager
· Ensures accurate completion of all paperwork
· Performs other related duties as requested
· Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly
· Ability to follow directions and work well in a team
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Interested in Continuous Improvement and able to thrive in a self-directed environment
· Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations
Education and Experience:
· HS Diploma/GED Required. Three years of relevant experience (one employer) may be substituted
· Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test.
· Ability to maintain focus and situational awareness