Tempus is looking for a a community based Skills Trainer for our Personal Care Attendant Program to work with consumers that are in Boston as well as north, south and west of the city. The Skills Trainer will educate consumers on how to successfully manage their consumer-directed hands-on care. The Skills Trainer will also be primarily responsible for other skills training department wide tasks and processes.
Bilingual candidates who also speak Chinese, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cape Verdean Creole, Russian or Spanish. strongly preferred.
Essential Job Functions
· Follow-up on assigned referrals in a timely manner as determined by contract.
· Assess consumers’ ability to manage PCA services.
· Train consumers and/or surrogates the skills needed to manage their PCA program as outlined in the Mass Health Service Agreement and according to the Personal Care Management (PCM) Contract.
· Maintain confidentiality in all consumer related issues.
· Attend in-service, supervision and staff development meetings when requested by manager.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of program policies and procedures and Mass Health regulations.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the Independent Living philosophy of consumer control.
· Must report all suspected incidents of consumer sexual/physical abuse and neglect to the Disabled Person Protection Commission (DPPC).
· Work within company policies and in accordance with the PCM Contract in order to complete and track for receipt of required documentation within required timelines.
· Experience providing services for persons with disabilities and knowledge of PCA programs is preferred.
· Experience or education in teaching or counseling is helpful.
· Knowledge of community resources and social service systems is beneficial.
· Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills.
· Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office/Outlook and the ability to navigate databases.
· Specialized training provided as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred; GED but High School Diploma required.