Care4Kids Eligibility Services Specialist
GET HIRED AND GET $1,500!*
If you’re an individual who wants to help low to moderate income families in Connecticut to pay for childcare costs, consider joining United Way of Connecticut as a Care4Kids Eligibility Services Specialist.As part of the Care4Kids team, you will determine initial and ongoing eligibility of families in the Care4Kids program. Extensive classroom training provided.
The Pay & Benefits: $20.33 per hour
*$500 paid after 3 months of employment and $1,000 paid after 6 months of employment!
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,400 annually)
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous health benefits including 80% company-paid health insurance and deductible
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year)
The Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
- Bachelor's degree and one year’s experience in customer service and/or eligibility determination in an office setting, or an Associate's degree and three years’ customer service and/or eligibility determination in an office setting (preferred); or High School Diploma/GED and five years’ customer service and/or eligibility determination in an office setting (required).
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Strong investigative, mathematical and computation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Ability to follow strict program guidelines.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
Apply by May 25, 2021
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.