GK Real Estate. is a privately held commercial real estate firm based in Barrington, Illinois. GK Real Estate acquires, develops, owns, and operates a diversified portfolio of commercial and retail property across the United States, primarily value-added retail centers and other commercial real estate investments.
Position: The Vice President Investment Management (VPIM) will be a seasoned leader with at least 7-10 years of finance experience in independent broker/dealer and alternative investment sales and management. The VPIM will be responsible for equity capital raises, structuring of investment offerings, investor relations and reporting for GKRE’s real estate investments through various entities including real estate investment funds, JV’s and individual LLC’s.
· Bachelor’s degree minimum, MBA preferred.
· History of strong performance in raising capital, negotiating, and executing financial transactions, and closing sales.
· 7 to 10+ years prior financial experience in commercial and retail real estate capital markets.
· Strong experience in Alternative Investments, Regulation D private fund offerings and/or non-traded REIT’s.
· Familiarity with FINRA and SEC compliance requirements as they relate to real estate fund investments and offerings.
· Demonstrated track record of hands-on investment management and meeting and exceeding fundraising goals.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong network of industry relationships.
· Proven ability to develop and manage staff.
· Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
· Team oriented but able to work independently.
· Proven leadership and management skills.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.