UCFS is currently seeking a Developmental Pediatrician to provide evaluations, counseling, and treatment for children, adolescents, and their families with a wide range of developmental and behavioral difficulties.
- As a member of the assessment team, conduct relevant physical, developmental, and emotional-behavioral evaluations of children/adolescents between the ages of 18 months and 21 years of age.
- Conduct specialty assessments as needed (e.g., genetic dysmorphology, motor functioning, feeding/diet, sleep).
- Provide treatment services within an interdisciplinary framework including: psychopharmacology for attention deficit, autism spectrum, and anxiety disorders; positive behavioral interventions; parent counseling; participation in desensitization protocols for medical and dental procedures as needed.
- Conduct specialty assessments following training and supervision.
- Standardized informant (parent and teacher) questionnaires and checklists.
- Standardized diagnostic assessments for autism.
- Specialty assessments for ADHD and anxiety.
- Complete 8 to 10 evaluations and 40 medication follow-up appointments a week.
- Attend, present, and consult during weekly meetings of the Autism Center and Evidence-based practice clinical teams.
- Meet with the leaders of the child and adolescent behavioral health team to discuss complex cases and assist in the development of specialized assessment and treatment programs.
- Attend pediatric meetings.
- Consult with the pediatric staff on neurodevelopmental issues/concerns and assist in the transfer of appropriate cases to the Autism Center or the Child Guidance Clinic (CGC).
- Act as a consult to the therapists of the Autism Center and CGC, APRNs who prescribe for children and adolescents in therapy at UCFS, and on medical issues to the Child First Program.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes -
- medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- company-paid life and disability insurance
- generous paid time off (holidays, vacation, floating holidays, sick time)
- flexible schedules
- competitive salaries
- National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Doctoral Degree (MD or DO)
- Valid DEA License
- Completion of an accredited fellowship program in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- 3 to 5 years of related experience, a strong community health/public health orientation and patient care management experience strongly preferred
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at UCFS is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the agency’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.