Are you looking to start a career in marketing? Do you live in Maine and want to work remotely? Wayside Publishing has a terrific ground-floor opportunity for a self-starter interested in learning all aspects of the 6-12, World Languages market!
As the Marketing Coordinator you will work closely with each member of our marketing team, but with significant time and energy dedicated to conferences, data retrieval and compilation, team organization tasks, and overflow tasks. This role will wear many hats and must be comfortable taking direction from the team. This position must reside within commuting distance to Freeport, ME. You will be expected to prepare conference shipments from our Freeport office.
- Assist and support Conference Coordinator in all aspects related to conferences. This may include anything from compiling information to physically preparing shipments, along with attending several conferences per year.
- ACTFL Conference: Industry’s largest conference includes months of preparation and execution. This role will provide full support throughout the ACTFL cycle, along with ownership of key deliverables.
- Compile and/or maintain data and/or analysis as requested.
- Update and utilize Wrike for all tasks/projects.
- Project mange all internal marketing requests, including creating and maintaining a schedule and calendar, timeline reminders, secure missing request information, etc.
- Assists with research projects
- Creates internal documentation, Confluence, sales, other
- Support Product Marketing Manager and Product Marketing Lead in building their marketing strategy and plans. This may include gathering competitive information, market pricing, research, survey support, catalog updates, and more.
- Monitor inventory levels of collateral, conference swag, conference materials and Wayside shop.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills Knowledge & Attributes
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience, preferably in related or transferable industry or role.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, while managing a list of priorities.
- Must be able to take direction and learn from others. This is a requirement.
- Copywriting and or content marketing experience is an asset, but not required.
- Some experience with CRM or Marketing list tools is preferred.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
Wayside Publishing is a K-12 publisher based in Freeport, Maine. Our language learning strategies embrace and reflect those endorsed by current research and by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our goal is to engage students and teachers across the country in the pursuit of interculturality, global citizenship, and lifelong learning. Join our team.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE