Weavers Way is looking for an experienced Cook to work in our Prepared Foods department in our Ambler store. This position is full time and requires the ability to work evening and weekend hours. We pride ourselves on offering a wide array of quality items for our shoppers, and Prepared Foods is no exception. We make all our prepared foods offerings from scratch, so the ideal candidate will have knowledge of fresh ingredients and a passion for making wholesome, delicious food.
If you love food (eat it, cook it, talk about it) then this could be the right fit for you. The position is mostly closing shifts, but the schedule is to be determined.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill and Ambler, PA. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit which emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions. We have an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement plan and employee discount.
- At least 1 year experience working in a mass production/high volume kitchen or high-end restaurant experience
- Must be available nights and weekends
- Excellent knife skills
- Extensive knowledge of cooking a wide array of recipes, familiarity with vegan, vegetarian, and global cuisine
- The ability to work independently and have a discerning palate is a must.
- We are looking to groom our employees for management positions, so management experience is helpful, but not required.
- ServSafe certification a plus