This position will build a strong team in the kitchen to produce outstanding meals for guests/campers. This position directs the kitchen operations and culinary experience for optimal guest satisfaction, employee training and morale, safety, and efficiency. The person in this position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, guests and supervisors. Regular attendance is essential for this position. Adherence to a published, departmental schedule is expected and required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create menus that meet or exceed the expectations of the guests and campers, while staying within established budget.
- Maintain a balanced menu as published with appropriate variety and special dietary consideration.
- Communicate menu changes to appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
- Advise on necessary inventory.
- Oversee the stocking of food/non-food items.
- Prepare meals.
- Prepare prep sheets that adequately contain the menu items required.
- Organize and delegate tasks required to provide menu items to guests.
- Implement menu with approved recipes that provide high quality of food safety, taste, appearance, and overall completeness.
- Deliver food at the appropriate time to various dining locations.
- Meet or exceed required food sanitation at all times.
- Implement improvements to menu/recipes.
- Maintain a high degree of guest service in all dining locations, including Rainier Camp and Retreat Center.
- Supervise efficient and effective dining room presentation so that the space is clean, organized, at a comfortable temperature, and guests are welcomed hospitably.
- Courteously and professionally answer guest questions and meet needs during the meal period.
- Efficiently organize and carry out clean-up in ways that optimize labor resources, safely preserve left-over food, and meet or exceed sanitation standards.
- Specifics such as: pots & pans, dishes, utensils cleaned/sanitized, serving line and prep area clean/sanitized, tables/chairs and highchairs cleaned and sanitized, floor swept and mopped, windows, windowsills and other surfaces cleaned.
Staffing and Supervision
- Orient and train staff as assigned.
- Communicate clear expectations.
- Coach and encourage high performance.
- Maintain accountability and discipline.
- Maintain a healthy, Christ-honoring work environment.
- Advise on staff scheduling.
- Work with Director of Hospitality Services to create a strong training culture.
- Communicate effectively regarding guest needs/expectations or anything else that might affect another meal shift team.
Structure and Organization.
- Organize the workflow for consistent production and optimal efficiency so that work is generally conducted the same way between meal periods and among various shift supervisors.
- Organize tools, equipment and supplies in the kitchen.
- Maintain compliance with all food related regulations, licenses, inspections and certifications.
- Provide regular feedback to the Director of Hospitality Services so that the whole system of Food Services functions optimally.
- Maintain teamwork with crew and leadership.
- Seek ways to continuously improve process and guest experience.
- Maintain a punctual schedule as assigned, while still working to get the job done.
During particular seasons, may supervises a total of 5-10 employees in the Kitchen. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include input in hiring decisions, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
Black Diamond Camp's Mission Statement; To inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
This is a year-round, full-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition to the specific qualifications listed below, the person in the position must possess the following:
- Love for Jesus Christ and a desire to make Him known.
- Exhibits a servant leadership attitude.
- Proven ability to build healthy teamwork and work effectively with a wide range of ages, temperaments, ranges of experience.
- Flexible and adaptable in working required shifts, including dinners and weekends.
- Proven experience of managing a kitchen operation and supervising crew.
- Enjoys providing high quality meals, both buffet and banquet style.
- Demonstrated proficiency in culinary quality.
- Minimum of two to four years institutional cooking.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handler's Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.