NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We seek a well-rounded full-time Senior Designer to work in our Alexandria, VA office (open to possibility of remote employee). An ideal candidate will be passionate, motivated, and eager to create meaningful and purposeful experiences. We want a person looking to be part of a high-paced environment where the quality of the work is paramount and the opportunity to grow is huge. We expect smart workers who know how to enjoy the work they do.
The primary responsibility and goal of this position is to visualize creative, effective and intuitive solutions for use across a variety of print and digital media. To be effective in this role, the candidate should be a problem-solver focused on translating client goals and expectations into versatile innovating products.
- Astute-Aesthetics: you have sound taste, and an amazing portfolio of proven success in across a wide range of creative projects. Bonus if you’ve worked in the policy space and contributed to efforts for nonprofits.
- Strategic Consultant: You can effectively design across non-design teams, and have experience being client facing.
- Team-Player: you know you are only as strong as your team, and take pride in playing a part across time zones, countries, and talent. No task is too big or small for you.
- Mentorship: You’re excited by the prospect of mentoring and/or managing younger designers, and offering best-in-class advice on short cuts, creativity, and leadership.
- Growth-Mindset: the ideal candidate finds opportunity in challenge. They are up to the task of contributing to a growing, and fast paced team.
- No Adobe Favorites: You are a sage across the Adobe Creative Suite, and have expert knowledge in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Process-shaper: You understand the importance of good processes. You have strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously. When a process doesn’t work, you are passionate enough to change it.
- Dreamer: You want to push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discovery new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem.
- Type-lover: You have a strong foundation in typography, and know a thing or two about character and paragraph styles.
- UI-UX Knowledgeable: You have previous experience on both custom and word-press builds. You have a working knowledge of sketch, and invision.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.