With more than 4,800 employees at over 140 locations in North America and Europe, PreZero is an international company in waste and recycling management. The company provides waste disposal, sorting, processing, and recycling services, combining all the expertise along the value chain under one roof. PreZero, therefore, positions itself as an innovation driver in the industry with the goal of creating a world in which resources are no longer wasted thanks to closed loops. Zero-waste, 100 percent reusable material.
Our business development specialists provide the foundation for our continued growth and success. With our commitment to transparent, high-quality recycling innovations, it is our business intelligence specialists who develop creative, strategic initiatives to improve efficiency and productivity and ensure projects are aligned with business goals.
PreZero US is seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist with experience in recycling or other similar operations-focused industry to help guide our pathway forward. This position seeks to create customized solutions for a diverse range of business opportunities while maximizing the profitability of the programs and services. The successful candidate will also have project management experience, be an expert communicator, and a top-tier analyst. They should be committed to the opportunity and responsibility to positively impact the immediate and long-term success of the company as we grow locally and nationwide.
- Identify, propose, and influence business solutions.
- Lead large analysis efforts, affecting multiple departments.
- Drive identification of requirements across business units and identify substandard systems processes through evaluation of historical data, and developing future models.
- Serve as a thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking systems models that promote increased efficiency and productivity on multiple levels.
- Create precise business cases and management plans, with attention to the ever-changing commodities markets.
- Evaluate and communicate through quality assurance at every stage of projects.
- Determine and develop user requirements for systems in production, to ensure maximum usability.
- Build extensive and accurate business cases, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, etc.
- Perform impact analysis of making changes affecting multiple business units.
- Possesses expertise in the business objectives, processes, and products
- Evaluate, analyze, and communicate business and operational requirements on a continuing basis for new and existing projects.
- Partner with other stakeholder teams across business units (i.e., finance, operations, safety, sales) to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with expansion, managerial, and executive teams.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans.
- Author and update internal and external documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, statistics, information science, finance, or related.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in developing business cases, preferably in the recycling or manufacturing industry.
- Excellent knowledge of business and strong IT skills.
- Proven analytical abilities, process documentation, and reporting strengths.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Proficient computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Suite.
- Master’s degree in business administration, statistics, information science, finance, or related.
- Proven development of successful business cases and resulting deployed projects, working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with data visualization.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the solid waste and recycling industry, including operations, sales, supply chain, and end-product manufacturing.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- 401K with Company Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
PreZero US is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate against any applicants regarding their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
We will consider employment for all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories in a matter consistent with state and local laws. We invite you to apply and join the PreZero Family!