PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Dental Director!
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for creating and implementing the departmental vision, goals, objectives and leadership strategies, in alignment with PTHA’s Mission and Values in addition to managing the daily operations of the dental clinic to ensure efficient, professional and culturally appropriate health care service delivery. Supervisory responsibilities for designated dental staff.
- Responsible for creating and implementing the departmental vision and leadership strategies and to develop and communicate clear departmental goals and objectives in order to ensure staff effectiveness and success, in alignment with PTHA’s Mission and Values.
- Responsible for effective and culturally appropriate communications both internally and externally, to include but not limited to: Board of Directors, Community Members, Patients, PTHA Staff, and PTHA Executive Staff.
- Responsible for continued quality improvement, research, assessment, development and implementation of best practices for the Dental programs, ensuring quality of care and efficient operations.
- Conduct an annual Dental department assessment and propose and implement necessary changes to ensure continued quality patient care.
- Responsible for providing accurate data driven advice and recommendations to the Executive Director for ensuring quality of care and operations.
- Responsible for ensuring the Dental Programs policies and procedures are current, support and are in alignment with the objectives and goals of PTHA, as well as the Dental programs.
- Responsible to review and interpret accurate statistical, graphical and narrative reports on staff productivity, demographics of service delivery, patient utilization patterns, and trending patterns on a monthly/quarterly basis for the organization and make recommendations to the Clinical Director.
- Direct supervision of dentists, dental hygienists, dental lab supervisor, Dental Clinic Manager and other clinical staff as required, to include but not limited to: conducting performance evaluations, implementation of training plans and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for managing, tracking and resolving dental complaints within 3 business days.
- Responsible to develop, implement and maintain an electronic Peer Review process.
- Responsible for implementation strategies and problem solving system issues, with input and collaboration from the Dental Clinic Manager, as they relate to computer system updates and act as a clinical resource by collaborating with IT to develop options and make recommendations to improve PTHA dental electronic health systems.
- Meet with Dental Clinic Manager on a monthly basis, or more often as needed, to discuss department operations and patient care.
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget process including but not limited to: gathering and analyzing information and preparing draft budgets assuring fiscal responsibility and appropriate utilization of resources with input and collaboration from the Dental Clinic Manager and Dental Lab Supervisor.
- Responsible for the leadership and administrative oversight of the PTHA dental care to ensure correct interpretation, implementation and compliance with the various regulatory bodies, policies and regulations.
- Lead and coordinate accreditation activities specific to PTHA dental department
- Provide direct, comprehensive dental care and education to eligible PTHA patients.
- Ensure coordination for the provision of prevention and treatment services for youth and/or adults at approved off site locations. Assure adherence to approved off-site locations policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves requests for referrals and pre-authorization care to outside dental offices.
- Participate in operational committees as assigned.
- Provide weekly reports to supervisor as directed.