Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking an Application Developer to join a team of IT professionals supporting the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) Workload Management System for Nursing Internet (WMSNi) at Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA), Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills and possess an Active Secret DoD Security Clearance.
• Maintain the application by implementing projects related to program support.
• Recommend and implement the best solution and approach for any assigned task based on the overall project and end user needs.
• Adapt existing functionality to meet changing business process needs as prescribed by requirement gathering processes.
• Contribute to architecture and technical discussions within the project team.
• Perform code reviews within the project team.
• Maintain technical specifications.
• Troubleshoot and resolve “bugs” as reported by end users in the field.
• Write technical documentation in support of software project as needed (class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and entity relationship diagrams).
• Implement processes by which data from external systems is integrated into the software as required. Ensure the application is meeting best practices for security.
• Modify user interface implementation based on user feedback.
• Improve user interface accessibility.
• Support the system maintenance process by consulting with the project team on the maintenance of applications with complex database considerations.
• Develop and customize application servers and toolsets to enhance business processes, including workflow development, knowledge and data management.
• Research, test, and report the capabilities of technology products, application servers and toolsets. Work with business analysts to map business and functional requirements.
• Analyze and resolve application software and toolset issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related discipline or Educational Technology. (A combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience will be considered).
• CompTIA Security + CE certification
• Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer - Certification must be secured within 90 days of contract award.
• Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.