Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join a team of IT professionals supporting the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) Workload Management System for Nursing Internet (WMSNi) at Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA), Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills and possess an Active Secret DoD Security Clearance.
• Assist the customer in the development of images and other media required for training activities.
• Help develop project quality assurance plans and procedures that conform to the project’s contract requirements.
• Provide technical and administrative assistance for personnel performing software development tasks. Review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, review of program documentation to assure Government standards/requirements are adhered to, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
• Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations.
• Prepares report findings and deliveries/presentations for the project staff, development team, and customer as appropriate.
• Document, design, develop, and prepare materials for the production cycle that can include technical writing/editing, editorial consultation, copy design/editing, proofreading, and overall documentation review.
• Work with management, technical personnel, authors, and subject-matter experts to define documentation content, guidelines, specifications, and development schedules.
• Prepare required documentation in an appropriate format.
• Adhere to required configuration management or quality assurance standards.
• Analyze the data and user requirements to ensure that documentation is clear, concise, and valid. Ensure that documents follow the appropriate style guide.
• Ensure that the following documents are kept current and available in both physical and digital formats. Prepare required documentation in an appropriate format.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related discipline or Educational Technology. (A combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience will be considered).
• Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.