The National Retail Federation (NRF) has represented retail for over a century. Every day, we passionately stand up for the people, policies and ideas that help retail thrive. As the nation’s largest private-sector employer, retail contributes $2.6 trillion to the annual gross domestic product (GDP); no other industry comes close. Wherever the industry goes, the nation follows — so we’re committed to helping retail go further.
NRF has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Manager to serve as a key political strategist, responsible for the development of political advocacy culture that supports NRF’s public policy goals. Individual also works to support NRF’s advocacy programs, such as the Retail Advocates Summit.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to develop NRF’s political fundraising strategy
- Plans and implements fundraising programs and activities consistent with set goals, and the organization's mission and priorities
- Prepares accurate and timely filings with the Federal Election Commission; manages bank accounts for funds, the PAC budget and all reconciliations
- Works with vendors to prepare accurate and timely filings with the Federal Election Commission
- Responsible for creating and implementing education and communication materials for RetailPAC, including annual reports, prior approval campaign and video, presentation documents, newsletters, solicitation materials, and copy for the RetailPAC website
- Prepares communications and presentations on RetailPAC presentations for NRF’s Chairman and CEO.
- Collaborates with NRF member companies on political fundraising and activities
- Recruits, trains and maintains RetailPAC Champions representation across NRF
- Creates RetailPAC Annual Report, quarterly newsletters, and monthly updates
- Hosts fundraisers for Federal candidates; works with conferences team on RetailPAC events
- Monitors and reports on critical candidates races to the government relations team
- Supports grassroots advocacy efforts in accordance with the organizations federal and state legislative action plans
- Supports the Retail Advocates Summit, America’s Retail Champions and Heroes of Main Street awards programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, including PAC management, Political Affairs, External and/or Public Affairs
- Knowledge and experience working with political campaigns and Federal candidates
- Extensive fundraising experience on Federal or State Level
- Experience with political action committees on a federal or state level
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and build coalitions with a wide range of individual and organizations
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Proven communication skills--both written and verbal--excellent public speaking skills required
- Experience in managing budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, respond to and coordinate with C-Suite executives on political fundraising activities
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and respond to rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Teams, WebEx, Internet, and external search engines
- Experience simultaneously supporting multiple projects
- Creative thinker
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential or sensitive information.
- Some travel required
National Retail Federation (NRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRF is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other phases of employment and personnel practices. NRF will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.