Do you want to be a part of a team of professionals who work together to provide patients with the best care possible? Do you want to work for the oldest, strongest and most trusted orthopedic group in the Iowa City Area? Do you want to be rewarded for the outstanding work that you do? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to have you as a part of the Steindler team!
· Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician during the patient’s visit.
· When the physician concludes the patient’s encounter, the physician will review all documentation completed by the Scribe, make any necessary amendments, and sign the chart.
· Protect patient confidentiality by making sure PHI is secure.
· Be responsive to improvement opportunities in a positive manner.
· Function as a team player among all SOC employees, demonstrating willingness to serve wherever needed and considering all work to be done as SOC work, not just department work.
· Assures compliance with the rules and regulations of HIPAA, OSHA, Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor.
We are taking the necessary steps to protect and prevent the spread of Covid-19 with daily temperature checks, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, following social distancing guidelines, and wearing personal protective equipment as recommended for each position. We are also finding other ways to encourage team work, have some fun, and maintain communication while we can’t gather as a large group!
-Part-time schedule consists of Tuesdays and Fridays from 7:45 am - 5:00 pm and the first Wednesday of the month from 7:45 am - 4:00 pm at our Burlington clinic location
-Experience with Electronic Medical Records required
-Previous scribe/transcription experience a plus
-Above average typing skills