The Residential Services Coordinator maintains a well-functioning, supportive, and compassionate residential environment for survivors of domestic violence living in emergency shelter or long-term housing. This position coordinates the daily operations of the YWCA emergency shelter and long-term housing facilities and contributes to the comprehensive array of supports provided by YWCA Evanston/North Shore with a deep commitment to creating a warm, welcoming, and trauma-informed space for all.
The position is responsible for daily implementation of program strategies and community-building residential programming and contributes recommendations to policies, priorities, and program procedures. This position is highly focused on supporting program participants and residential staff and volunteers. The Residential Services Coordinator is a self-directed individual who embraces the opportunity to build capacity in staff and volunteers that contributes to supporting a well-run, supportive living space.
Resident and Tenant Support (40%)
- Assists in developing and implements strategies in collaboration with counseling team to ensure a positive, warm, and welcoming living environment for a diverse array of residents and tenants.
- Builds positive, supportive relationships with residents and tenants, assists residents and tenants with problem-solving and conflict resolution, and offers a listening ear to foster a friendly, caring environment.
- Coordinates and facilitates regularly scheduled resident and tenant meetings to plan, problem solve, share information, and empower residents to meaningfully contribute to their living environment. Facilitates Bridges resident advisory council and encourages resident informed plans for community building activities.
- Facilitates opportunities for resident input on relevant issues that result in residents feeling valued, considered, and cared for as members of the shelter and Bridges communities.
- Ensures all residential processes, protocols, and rules are implemented by residential staff in a consistent and compassionate manner.
- Attends case management and Bridges meetings and collaborates with domestic violence team to ensure coordinated service delivery for all residential clients.
- Helps develop and implement consistent community-building programs and activities for shelter and long-term housing residents that build trust and create opportunities for fun.
- Ensures the full, accurate, and timely use of the online case management system by Residential Specialists to support the timely communication of critical information for review and action by counseling staff.
- Reviews client documentation daily to ensure proper support and follow up for residents.
- Assists in collecting program evaluation data from residents and tenants and reviewing with department leadership to identify areas for program growth.
Program Coordination (25%)
- Maintains a high-quality living and working environment for residential programs through the consistent implementation of facility inspection policies and processes including but not limited to regularly viewing common spaces and resident rooms to ensure basic standards of safety, hygiene, and timely reporting of preventative work orders.
- Creates and maintains scheduling and staffing of the 24-Hour Crisis Line and ensures staff are fully trained, engaging with callers in accordance with agency protocol, and regularly coordinates with the DV Team to ensure smooth operation of the 24-Hour Crisis Line.
- Assists with the timely sorting and organizing of all in-kind donations and maintains organized and secured storage areas and timely distribution of items to residents.
- Regularly monitors residential security systems to ensure they are working properly, reporting issues in a timely manner as they arise, and reviewing footage related to any incidents in an expeditious manner and reporting according to protocol.
- Submits all required monthly reports for all programs to leadership team.
Staff Supervision (15%)
- Supports, motivates, and maintains a highly functioning team that demonstrates positive morale and adheres to high standards of service delivery.?
- Ensures new hires are on-boarded in accordance with agency policies and procedures including, but not limited to, developing, reviewing, and submitting new-hire work plans for those working 20 hours or more per week, and training on agency operations, policies, procedures, and job responsibilities.?
- Provides annual staff evaluations for all direct reports in a timely manner.
- Provides daily support and guidance, and regular and training to Residential Specialists.
- Stays current with agency technology and its proper usage including, but not limited to, taking the initiative to seek out personal training opportunities, training direct reports on proper usage, and ensuring staff maximize their efficiency with the use of available technology.?
- Acts as primary liaison between department leadership and direct reports and ensures timely, thorough, and effective organizational communication so staff feel informed and aware of organizational policies, practices, and procedures, and growth. Effectively advocates for staff by regularly soliciting staff input and representing staff needs and interest to department leadership.?
- Ensures all direct reports understand and adhere to all policies in the Employee Handbook.?
Volunteer Coordination (10%)
- Collaborates with the Residential Operations Manager to increase opportunities for volunteers in residential programs.
- Works in collaboration with the Residential Operations Manager to assist in coordinating shelter and Bridges volunteer projects.
- Creates a fun and supportive environment and supervises day-to-day volunteer work and activities for residential programs and provides information as requested to the volunteer coordinator.
Additional Duties (10%)
- Provides and attends staff meetings and trainings and participates in organization committees as requested.
- Provides emergency back-up staffing on the 24-Hour Crisis Line and shelter as needed.
- As needed, prepare group meals for shelter residents.
- Pursues professional development.
- Understands and adheres to all of the YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as the YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience and/or Training:
- Minimum of three years' experience working in a residential facility with increasing responsibility
- Experience working with survivors of trauma
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers
- Successful completion of the Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate within 3 months of employment
- Acquisition of the Certified Domestic Violence Professional credential within 12 months of employment
- First Aid/CPR within 6 months of employment
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- ServSafe Food Protection Managers Certification within 3 months of employment
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to reliable, personal?auto for business use?
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, human services, or nonprofit administration
Experience and/or Training:
- Minimum of three years' experience supervising staff or volunteers
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with survivors of trauma
- Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate
- Certified Domestic Violence Professional certification
- ServSafe Food Protection Managers Certification
Technology/Equipment: Intermediate proficiency with online case management systems
Days/Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM