The Donations Processor II is a key member of the Processing Center that is tasked with softlines puller, hardlines pricer and hardlines packer of donated goods to the area thrift stores to ensure the success of the SVdP mission. Employees at this level of the series perform with greater effectiveness, a variety of standardized processes under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check clothing for quality and salability (style, wear, cleanliness (no rips, stains, missing buttons, loose threads, etc.)
- Maintain production quotas in one of several clothing workstations (e.g., pull from conveyor belt, hang clothes on hangers, pack seasonal in gaylords, price clothing)
- Identify high quality clothing for special handling
- Other duties as assigned
Hardlines Pricer and Packer:
- Check household and other items for quality and salability
- Identify specialty or collectable items for special handling
- Maintain production quotas in one of several hardlines workstations (e.g., presorting, pricing, packing)
- Carefully packing items to palletize and prepare for shipment to stores
- Other duties as assigned
Organization Mission and Policies:
- Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVdP Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, neighbors, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
- To seek and serve all in need so that people are inspired to grow closer to Christ
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Less than high school education or High School diploma or GED, entry level
- One (1) year of donations processing experience gained at the next lower level of the series
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Reading comprehension (Intermediate level)
- Process operations (Broad level)
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop creative solutions to routine process procedural problems
- Oral and written communication to wide and varied audiences
- Follow detailed instructions and directions
- Work in a team environment in fast-paced environment
- Collect, process and record process data correctly
- Attention to detail
- Maintain quality and safety control standards
- Operate and maintain process equipment
- Equipment processing and troubleshooting
- Work a flexible schedule
- Frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, if applicable.
- Occasionally works in high precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.