Laird Norton Wealth Management, the Pacific NW’s largest independent wealth management firm, is seeking a full-time Operations Specialist (Assets Sphere) to join our team. Located in downtown Seattle, LNWM is dedicated to helping high-net-worth individuals and families manage, preserve, invest, grow, and eventually distribute their wealth.
As a member of the Operations team, the Operations Specialist will provide support to external departments as well as work collaboratively with the Operations team to fulfill functions of the Operations department. The Operations Specialist’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Asset Maintenance: Updating manually priced assets on the system; maintaining cost basis and tax lots; reviewing and processing updates from the Client Services department; transferring assets between accounts, including trust/estate distributions; serving as the primary physical vault custodian.
- Unique Assets: Serving as the closely-held assets liaison; processing requests for re-registrations, redemptions, etc; setting up and maintaining unique assets in the system; processing payments between notes and liabilities.
- Gifting: Regularly supporting a high-volume of cash processing; reviewing and processing incoming deposits; assisting with the review of transactions processed by Operations; communicating with custodians as needed to resolve client issues; serving as back-up for other operations areas, as required, including trade reconciliation and account maintenance support; managing and processing workflow from the Operations task queue.
- Two or more years’ experience in the financial securities industry is preferred.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience in the financial services industry is required.
Skills and Attributes
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required; willing to take a skills assessment. Other software applications, such as financial software tools, are a plus.
- Portfolio Management or Portfolio accounting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and research skills with attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment that strives for consensus wherever possible and seeks success of the team rather than the individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced by ability to professionally, personally and effectively interact with clients and co-workers and contribute to a respectful work environment.
- Portrays a professional company image both internally and externally.
- High ethical standards and the ability to place the clients’ needs before one’s own.
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential subject matter.
- Ability to stay current in industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to take on new responsibilities as business and organization needs require.
Candidates must meet all employment qualifications in effect at time of hiring, including successful passing of pre-employment background and credit checks. Must sign all employee agreements and have the ability to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the role in a consistent and efficient manner.
Benefits: Laird Norton Wealth Management offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, generous time off, flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care, 401(k) plan, paid transportation pass, and more.