The Business Development Director is responsible for development and execution of the growth-focused sales strategy ofCSD Telehealth. This position will leverage pre-established relationships as well as develop new contacts in the telehealth and general healthcare spaces, managing critical partnerships with key customers. This position should be viewed as an expert in the channel, with a strong partner network and a passion for healthcare entrepreneurship.
- Develops key sales growth strategies, tactics, and action plans on behalf of CSD Telehealth and implements those plans to achieve aggressive growth targets
- Prospects, develops, defines and negotiates new business opportunities, corporate relationships and senior-level clients who work in Medicare/Medicaid, Insurance, and organizations with a high number of Deaf/HH employees.
- Serves as a portal for all new business opportunities and ideas for enhancing existing services, making recommendations as to which opportunities and enhancements should be pursued. Validates the strategic and financial benefit of the various opportunities (P&Ls, ROIs, Payback periods, cas flow, etc)
- Leads the proposal / RFP process for identified opportunities, demonstrating how the CSD solution will meet their needs.
- Develops strong working relationships with providers and clinicians to build a reputation as a strong service provider.
- Supports initiatives in customer satisfaction via process improvement plans and efficient reporting and flow of information.
- Serves as primary point of contact for external customers and various departments/divisions to resolve outstanding issues, comply with customer requests, and respond to client inquires•Makes recommendations for changes to products or services based on customer feedback and requests
- Interfaces with clients to determine present and future needs and discuss progress towards solutions by working with MSO Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Track record in sales and service with a keen understanding of strategic approach of telehealth
- Ability to negotiate when entering new partnerships and contractual relationships
- Results-driven with evidence of delivering against sales targets and a demonstrated track record of service and client retention
- Ability to build relationships with key decision-makers and clinical staff
- Strong communication and presentation skills with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication, comfortable delivering presentations to C-level executives and high-profile commercial clients
- Understanding of commercial pricing, P&L, impact analysis, business management, and contract negotiation. Ability to talk to lawyers, executives, engineers, and all layers of the business and connect dots.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting RFIs, RFPs and RFQs•Proficiency in Sharpspring, Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree in business development, business management, or business-general from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional work experience
- 5+ years of business development/sales and service experience within the healthcare industry (preferred)
- Proficiency in American Sign Language communication (preferred)
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The position may require travel up to 25%