Status: Emerging Professional Resident
Compensation: $150/wk Stipend, Housing plus Utilities, Milwaukee Bus Pass or 50% contribution to parking costs
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, June 15, 2021*
Milwaukee Rep, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for Directing Residents as a part of our Career Training program. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Directing Residency Summary of Program
The primary objective of the Directing Residency is to create a bridge to the professional world by getting residents in the rehearsal rooms and preparing them for their next career steps. This includes three components: assisting work, directing work, and professional mentoring.
Dates of Participation: Each year the Residency dates change based on the dates of the theatrical season, and the need for EPRs in and around specific productions. In the 2021/22 Season, the Emerging Professional Residency starts in October and ends in June, but there are exceptions. Milwaukee Rep works hard to make it possible for EPRs to take that next gig.
*Preference will be given to applications that include all supplementary materials that are received on or before June 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until all positions are filled.
General Qualifications for the EPR program:
- Demonstrated skills needed for chosen department
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- A level of maturity and self-sufficiency to work in a professional theater environment
- Consistently able to arrive on-time and and ready for work
- Initiative to embrace relevant learning opportunities
This application is intended for people applying to the Directing Residency at Milwaukee Repertory Theater for the 2021/22 Season. Preference will be given to applications that include all supplementary materials that are received on or before June 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until all positions are filled. In order to maintain an equitable process, everyone must apply online. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the residencies are filled. Any candidate who requires different accommodations to submit an online application should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers for the upcoming season will be made by end of July or until filled. If you have questions about the Directing Emerging Professional Residencies, please email Milwaukee Rep Associate Artistic Producer, Rajendra Ramoon Maharaj, at email@example.com
Please pay close attention to the following when it comes to completing your application
Application Materials Required
**Cover Letter, Letters of Recommendation, and Writing/Dramaturgy samples should be included in a single Word Doc or PDF and uploaded as a single additional file with your application
1. Resume (.doc or .pdf)
2. Current headshot (.pdf)
3. Contact Information for Three (3) Professional References that can speak about your work in the American Theater
4. Cover Letter (.doc or .pdf) that answers the following questions:
5. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (.doc or .pdf) Please note, those who are writing your Letters of Recommendation should differ from your Professional References
6. Writing Sample (.doc or .pdf) In 500 words or less, describe your dream production and how it reflects your point of view as a storyteller.