Frantz Ward is seeking an engaged, dynamic associate to join its growing, Employee Benefits Practice. Our Firm offers competitive compensation, a collaborative work environment, individual and group mentoring opportunities, client development training, and a firm culture that embraces community involvement and “doing well by doing good.”
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing, drafting, and providing administrative support for defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans, including floor-offset arrangements
- Designing, drafting, and providing administrative support for non-profit, tax exempt, church and government plans
- Consulting on legal issues involving the administration and compliance of all types of health and welfare and fringe benefit plans
- Designing, drafting, and consulting on the legal issues involving executive compensation, and severance and executive equity plans
- Assisting clients with Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and PBGC matters
- Due diligence and support in mergers and acquisitions.
- 2-3 years of general Employee Benefits Law experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with others;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and shifting responsibilities; and
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Active membership and good standing with the Ohio Bar
- Outstanding academic credentials
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at Frantz Ward. In keeping with this principle, Frantz Ward does not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state or local law.
Frantz Ward LLP believes we provide a stronger and better place to work, think, and grow when we draw from the views of a diverse team. We strive to recruit, employ, and support individuals who contribute to our diversity. We recognize that achieving a truly diverse working environment is an on-going process, and we continue to foster diversity to ensure that everyone at Frantz Ward has a meaningful professional experience.