Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters an inclusive work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review Best Place to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
The Information Technology and Security Manager oversees all aspects of Alliance’s information technology and security infrastructure. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing Alliance’s internal technical support team.
The IT and Security Manager serves as Alliance’s Information Security Officer and is responsible for designing, validating, and implementing a scalable information technology infrastructure and security operations protocols, staffing, and training programs in compliance with applicable regulatory and governance requirements.
- Provides supervisory support to the Alliance technical support team providing line management, leadership, motivation, and strategic direction.
- Leads recruitment, training, evaluation, and coaching of the Alliance technical support team.
- Provides advanced user support in resolving non-routine, complex software, hardware, and procedural issues to minimize down-time of systems access and productivity.
Information Technology Infrastructure
- Designs, validates, and implements scalable information technology infrastructure, including computer, communication, network and related systems.
- Establishes and maintains information technology policies, procedures and standards.
- Manages all aspects of hardware and software inventory and procurement including audits to ensure hardware and software comply with standards, policies and configuration guidelines; hardware and software maintenance; evaluation and purchase of new hardware and software; and negotiation with vendors for software licenses.
- Monitors information technology infrastructure and related system operations and assesses potential risks.
- Researches and evaluates new technology, techniques, threats and industry best practices to optimize efficiency and usability to minimize vulnerabilities.
- Collaborates with IT staff to evaluates training requirements for current and new IT solutions, develops appropriate training materials, and provides staff training as needed.
- Ensures appropriate safeguards are in place to protect all devices, media, and information from physical, environmental hazards, and/or cyber risks.
- Oversees contingency planning including detailed plans for redundancy and backup of all data.
- Serves as Alliance’s Information Security Officer and manages Alliance’s information security management function including the development, documentation, implementation, operation, and maintenance of all information security programs.
- Maintains security protocols and safeguards the organization's computers, networks, and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses, and cyber attacks.
- Collaborates with functional leaders across the organization including facilities, risk management, finance, human resources, legal and compliance to ensure that all information security policies, procedures, forms, notices, and associated materials are up-to-date and in alignment with security standards.
- Heads ongoing activities to preserve the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of Alliance’s information resources in compliance with applicable security policies and procedures according to regulatory standards under HIPAA, CMS, DOH, OIG and other governing agencies.
- Serves as the coordinator and liaison with external auditor. Reports findings and makes recommendations to the Board of Managers Audit and Compliance Committee on a regular basis.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Computer Systems, Information Technology or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- 5 + years of progressively responsible IT leadership experience required.
- High emotional IQ and customer service mindset with regard to supporting staff and partners with technical tools and platforms.
- Must possess strong business acumen with experience creating, implementing, and training policies and procedures.
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting technical information to senior business leaders is required.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory requirements related to health care data, HIPAA laws and PHI is essential.
- Thorough understanding of information security and risk management protocols.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, learn, and get the job done.
- Experience working across a broad portfolio of network, application, telecommunications, data integration, and web platform technologies.
- Experience managing enterprise-level software, equipment/hardware, networks, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring.
- Excellent technical skills, demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies, and an enthusiasm around using technology to solve business problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive action.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems, including firewalls, password protection and authentication, and site-specific controls for physical access to computers.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory standard criminal background investigation as well as OIG List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and state Medicaid exclusion list searches. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
This is a hybrid onsite/remote position based out of our office in Troy, NY. This position requires the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone, and able to lift up to 25 pounds independently or with assistance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alliance does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.