Bi-lingual Spanish preferred but not required.
Provide comprehensive services to assist victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking work through crisis and attain goals leading to self-sufficiency in both residential and community settings.
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- Interview and assess participants for appropriateness for entry into program, process needs to develop individualized goals related to safety, self-sufficiency, and stability.
- Provide case management for clients based upon mutually identified needs and goals; observe client’s daily living skills; redirect and/or teach skills where needed.
- Facilitate education on healthy/unhealthy relationships, support groups, life skills, and provide tools for self-sufficiency and stability.
- Help clients navigate resources, legal processes, and safety plan when in crisis due to domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking.
- Provide emotional support, while referring to mental health services when appropriate.
- Work closely with other advocates and YWCA residential staff.
- Collaborate with other service providers and/or stakeholders in order to obtain referrals into the program.
- Refer clients, according to their specific needs, to appropriate community resources and advocate on their behalf.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
- Participate in marketing efforts of program.
- Listen and assist clients with options as client issues arise; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
- Transport clients in personal vehicle, as needed.
- Travel throughout YWCA Northeast Indiana service area to provide services and network with other providers.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation to ensure support is available for program outside of business hours.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.
- Bachelor's in Social Work, Human Services, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications within first year of employment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of domestic violence, intimate partner violence, sexual abuse, and human trafficking issues and patterns and their effects on men, women, and children.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully interact with diverse populations, including clients, co-workers, and agency.
- Experience in crisis intervention, networking, team building and public speaking.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling confidential or sensitive matters.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- 1-3 years of general office experience, including reception and telephone duties.
- 1-3 years of experience with general office equipment (copiers, printers)
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files
- Must comply with organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
- Preference given to staff who are fluent in Spanish or Burmese as well as English.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Must drive personal vehicle frequently throughout 6-county service area.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment combined with remote/community-based work, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.