SynTerra is looking for a qualified Payroll Specialist to join our Human Resources Team. You should have 3 to 5 years of experience processing payroll, with particular experience in multi-state payroll required. In addition to payroll, the Payroll-Human Resources Assistant will be expected to assist the Human Resources team in routine HR functions. This position requires the ability to work both independently on specific tasks as well as in collaboration with other professionals within the office.
· Responsible for processing weekly payroll submissions for approximately 160 employees across multiple state locations
· Auditing timesheets to identify errors in advance of processing and work with employees to correct as needed
· Conducting the timesheet posting process on a weekly basis
· Process payroll on a bi-weekly schedule
· Assist with routine HR tasks as requested by the Human Resources Director
· Assist with updating and maintaining employee records
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, or relevant field preferred
· 3-5 years of experience in payroll
· Proficiency in multi-state payroll laws
· Experience with Paylocity or similar HRIS system
· Advanced to expert level proficiency in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat
· Consistently detail-oriented and organized
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a professional manner
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague that would be a perfect fit for this role – Be sure to send them this link to apply!