Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening (Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, with flexibility as needed) for a statewide Community Education Coordinator whose main office would be located within the Waterbury area. The Community Education Coordinator supports in the execution of external community education as well as successful partnership engagement for Mental Health Connecticut (MHC). A successful candidate in this position will be adept at organizing and coordinating trainings, webinars, and workshops. In addition to that, this candidate will also be adept in communicating MHC’s impact to a wide variety of audiences via written word (website, social media, and brochures) and implementing learning management systems. Candidates should have exceptional skills with technology and systems, organization and coordination, written and verbal communication, and superb attention to detail.
Salary: $45,000 annual salaried position. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
Community Education Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and organizational support to all external education and training needs.
- Establish smooth transitions across MHC teams from the initial conception of an idea or program to the delivery of the idea or program.
- Assist in the creation of marketing collateral using branded templates utilizing Publisher, Photoshop, and other tools to help program areas, event, and campaigns increase visibility and to refine MHC’s brand (including the annual report, program brochures, etc.).
- Organize and coordinate all parts of trainings and offerings to outside groups once an agreement has been signed.
- Maintain professional working relationships within MHC teams, outside groups, sponsoring organizations, and the community.
- Craft and update external event and community education calendar.
- Maintain and organize all external training and presentation documents (PowerPoints, videos, recordings, distribution materials).
- Provide direct assistance with community education curriculum, including but not limited to creating documents, presentation and PowerPoints/Prezis).
- Ensure that pre-training materials are distributed to participants and/or the sponsoring organization.
- Ensure all trainings, workshops, webinars, etc. are delivered in accordance with contract expectations and all deadlines are met.
- Implement and utilize on-line learning platforms and marketing tools.
- Create and maintain accurate training data files and systems, including, but not limited to certificates for the completion of the training, workshop or webinar.
- Collect, aggregate and distribute feedback survey results. Develop and maintain comparison studies in support of improved delivery of programs.
- Self-educate on industry trends, best practices and updated technology related to programmatic coordination, development, marketing and communications to support a positive experience of participants and MHC partners.
- Support the growth of MHC’s offerings and original content utilizing Evidence Based Practices.
- Represent MHC at community events, when appropriate, to increase awareness and visibility for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, education and/or 5 years relevant work experience; experience in managing and coordinating programs preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or employee relations, communications or advanced administrative skills.
- Direct experience in presentation system utilization, technical support and data maintenance preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver's license and auto registration and insurance.
You are the ideal candidate if you are:
- A great communicator: You are clear, confident and culturally sensitive in your communication style.
- A strong collaborator: You are great at building relationships and are someone whom everyone enjoys working with.
- A self-starter: Whether that’s scheduling a training session or developing relationships, you are motivated to get things done quickly and efficiently.
- High energy: Your energy and positivity are infectious and fueled by interpersonal interactions.
- Flexible: You can juggle multiple priorities and thrive when faced with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Exceptionally organized: You know that coordinating trainings involves many moving pieces and know how to keep track of them all without fail.
- Passionate about our mission: You are looking to join a mission-driven team and culture and are willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
Mental Health Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please