Job Title: Grounds Technician – Part-Time, Seasonal
Reports To: Community Association Manager/Maintenance Manager/Staff
Department: Community Management
Exemption Status: Non-exempt/Hourly $17-$20 per hour
Summary: The Grounds Technician is responsible for ensuring the overall physical aspects of the community grounds meet the established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within the budgeted financial goals.
• Continually inspect property for improvements, immediately report any deficiencies to the Community Association Manager or Maintenance Manager.
• Perform daily irrigations duties including debris removal from the ditch, irrigation sprinkler head replacements, irrigation line maintenance.
• Maintain cleanliness of common area amenities, including party room, library, laundry rooms, fitness center and pool area.
• Moves dumpsters as needed for pick-ups.
• Water plant material inside and around clubhouse.
• Perform, maintain, and repair common elements throughout building exteriors and interiors if directed.
• Sweep parking lots/garages.
• Pick up and remove trash/recycling.
• Additional duties as may be assigned.
• Remove weeds and trash (including animal waste) from common element rock and flowerbeds around the building’s, as necessary.
• Removed trash and debris from exterior stairwells and building exteriors.
• Respond to after hour’s calls from the Building Engineer and Community Association Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies.
• Report observed covenant violations to the Community Association Manager for enforcement and monitor adherence to community standards.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Qualifications:
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company, Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
• Perform maintenance and cleaning of swimming pool and associated equipment.
• Maintain and operate irrigation system; trouble shoot irrigation lines and pump house.
• Knowledge of safety precautions
• Knowledge of general facilities maintenance and repair
• Skill in attention to detail, problem solving, and decision making
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to be work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to build strong working relationships with team members
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two to three years of previous experience in HOA, Apartment/Multi-Family Ground Maintenance preferred
• Maintain knowledge of general facilities maintenance and repair.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Respectful and responsive to homeowners and resident inquiries and concerns.
• Complete all work in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
• Identify and utilize resources available and work in a team environment.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions. The work environment is also subject to loud noises and vibration due to equipment. May be required to wear a uniform.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have to constantly engage in different types of movement, such as climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may require occasional lifting of light to medium weight objects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time, Seasonal
Job Type: Part-time, Seasonal
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour