Seeking an Automotive ePropulsion Systems Engineer who is driven to advance the state of technology in the xEV Powertrain Automotive sector. You will be involved in System architecture, designing, testing, and releasing complex and innovative software for electric, hybrid, and CAV applications. You will ensure system quality and robustness through use of tools such as DFMEA and DFSS Support Controls, Calibration, and Validation teams during development and issue resolution
- Have in-depth experience, understanding and ability to execute on MOST of the following xEV Advanced Propulsion Systems disciplines:
- Software, Controls & Calibration, CAV: Supervisory, Inverter, BMS, Embedded, ISO26262
- Systems Architecture & Definition: Sub-system specification and matching of components and entire powertrain systems to vehicle application. (EDU, Battery Pack, HV Bus, Thermal Systems, Performance Predication, Design for: Cost, Service, Quality, Mauf. etc.)
- Requirements Creation/Definition, Decomposition & Management
- DFMEA, DVP&R and Test Plan Creation/Definition & Management. Test report and Data analysis
- Simulation toolsets: Ricardo SW, GT Suite, Ansys, Vector etc.
- Cross-functional System interfaces, interactions and dependencies
- System, sub-system and component project planning from inception to production delivery
- Mechanical design standards and requirements in prototype and production environments of Power Electronics, Motors, Gearboxes, HV Battery Packs, Powertrain to Vehicle integration.
- Electrical design standards and requirements in prototype and production environments
- Lead technical teams, within Ricardo and collaboratively with client technical teams, delivering on complex projects within defined timing, budgets and deliverables
- Create and present project proposals to clients based on provided RFI/Q/P documents and conversations, identifying resource needs (effort and duration), material & travel costs, assumptions, risks and deliverables.
- Conduct research and development of Advanced Propulsion Systems across many Industries, such as Automotive, Motorsport, Defense, Rail, Stationary Power Generation/Conversion, Marine etc.
- Bringing creativity and innovative ideas for complex system and component challenges
- Understanding of global industry standards and trends to provide the latest technology solutions.
- Leveraging extensive product development assets including team members, test labs, and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability and quality.
- Work collaboratively across the North American and Global Ricardo group as well customers locally and internationally.