The role of the Sr. Accountant is to maintain accurate accounting records, drive continuous improvement and act as a leader and subject matter expert (SME) among peers. This individual will help manage day-to-day operations including the month end close process, internal controls, process payroll, record cash activities and provide practical guidance in support of strategic initiatives. This full-time position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Serve as a key member of the Finance team working to streamline and shorten the monthly close and reporting cycle.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, and variance commentary on the entity analytical report.
- Assist with preparation and review of biweekly payroll
- Record and reconcile cash activities daily
- Own the fixed asset accounting process
- Actively participates in system and process improvements, including documenting policies and procedures.
- Regular consultation and collaboration with other departments to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information
- Research and remain knowledgeable on technical accounting standards
- Serve as point of contact for external auditors
- Other AD HOC projects, as assigned