DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES
POSITION TITLE: Data Entry Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Community Collaborations Coordinator (Franklin County/North Quabbin)
LOCATION: 393 Main Street, Greenfield, MA/Remote Work from Home
STATUS: Non- Exempt
Provide database support for our internal resource directory and Look4Help public resource directory. Contact community partners for program updates, enter data into database, and provide customer service.
- Serve as a point of contact to community partners for updating iCarol database records via phone and/or email.
- Update resources listings in iCarol database.
- Present status updates about iCarol database to supervisor and other Community Action staff.
- Stay current on database functionality and taxonomy through AIRS coalition and other efforts.
- Adhere to Title VI by not denying service to anyone based on race, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
- When?schedule requires remote work,?expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.?
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Comply with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures
- Attend staff meetings and other related meetings.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision meetings
- Attend mandatory agency trainings and other relevant trainings
- Performs related work as required.
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the agency.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years' experience in data entry, reporting or other relevant experience.
- 1 year experience working with databases.
- 1 year customer service experience.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience or?Additional directly related experience may be substituted for education?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Proficient in database functions including trouble shooting, and functionality.
- Strong, accurate data entry skills.
- Strong customer service and phone skills.
- Dependability and flexibility.
- Must be well organized with good attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding of data capture and tracking methods.?
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity and the needs of individuals with low incomes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Working in office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Extensive use of telephone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
- Must be able to lift from 20 – 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, and community spaces, with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites. The noise level varies by site.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) prior to hire and every three years.
Community Action is an AA/EOE/ADA
A United Way of Franklin County