Sort, bundle, and package printed material/mailers for delivery. Assist bindery machine operators with pulling printed mailers off machine and sorting into mail trays to prepare for shipment. Move palletized skids to docking area. May assist in other areas as needed.
- Set up work area for sorting tasks.
- Bundle and sort printed mailers into mail trays.
- Inspect products throughout run for quality.
- Operate strapping machine for bundling mailers.
- Load mail trays onto pallets.
- Operate manual pallet jacks to move palletized skids to docking area.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Basic math for processing mailers in sequential order.
- Ability to read and match written names and words in English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Previous mail handling or sorting experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse or production/manufacturing environment preferred.
Physical Demands: This position typically works in our production area and must stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 55 lbs. occasionally. Continuous vision required and ability to read/sort sequential numbers and match written names/words in English.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday. 1st shift is 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Weekend hours may be required during peak production times. This position typically works 40-50 hours per week.