Streetsense is seeking a Senior Designer, Hospitality with expertise in hospitality projects to join our Interior Architecture team.
In this role, you will lead a design team focused on creating innovative concepts for hospitality clients. You will be the boutique hospitality subject matter expert and will be actively involved in client presentations and new business pitches. You will participate in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including, but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases of design and construction within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. You will lead multiple projects and liaise directly with clients and consultants.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative, curious, and highly motivated designer who is passionate about creating innovative design solutions for clients in the boutique and luxury hotel industry.
The Senior Designer, Hospitality will be a part of our Interior Architecture team and will report into our Senior Design Director, Interior Architecture. This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will be based in our DC office.
KEY TASKS + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead project team through design and delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables, while partnering with project management and technical leads for a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Provide design direction and oversee creative process for hospitality projects including the conceptualization, design, and production of creative solutions that effectively communicate and push forward the client’s defined strategy.
- Partner with senior leadership on elevating hospitality design ideas, values, and standards.
- Serve as the hospitality and boutique hotel subject matter expert.
- Support the pursuit of new business by working with industry leaders on pitches, proposals, and presentations.
- Act as lead designer for a variety of projects simultaneously while consistently achieving high standards.
- Lead design meetings with internal team and clients.
- Participate during all phases of project delivery.
- Interface directly with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Support a continuous learning environment and act as a mentor to design staff to help them grow throughout their careers.
- Manage workflow and production of deliverables.
- Establish and maintain ongoing client relationships within the hospitality industry.
- Clearly communicate design concepts and co-lead/conduct client presentations in a variety of formats.
- Proactively evaluate new trends and industry standards to remain current with the latest hospitality design practices.
- Embody Streetsense core values to push the envelope and challenge the status quo.
- 8-12 years of post-graduate professional experience within the hospitality design industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on boutique or luxury hotels at a hospitality design firm
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB-accredited program
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience presenting to clients and participating in new business pitches
- Advanced knowledge of industry trends and applications
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience in all phases of the design process, including design management
- Strong, dynamic portfolio showcasing creativity, originality, and versatility
- Ability to work cross-platform and to contribute to and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Experience working virtually with teams and clients across multiple regions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a collaborative ideology and global perspective
- Experience developing teams, coaching individuals on performance and professional development, and promoting a positive work environment
- Architectural License or NCIDQ certification preferred
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Advanced experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications/writing
NOTE: PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES ARE REQUIRED WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Please include your portfolio and samples showcasing design + development work for which you were a principal or lead designer. We look forward to reviewing!