Humatics’ breakthrough micro-location system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Head of Finance will be responsible for the development of Humatics financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the Head of Finance will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth organization.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
Financial Responsibilities Will Include:
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Presenting financial position, potential, and strategy to venture capital partners, potential investors, and board of directors.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate objectives and metrics for measurement.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management, department heads, and the board of directors.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
Team Leadership Responsibilities Will Include:
- Serving as a thought leader for the team.
- Collaboration with other members of the leadership team on determining to scale the operations and financial infrastructure of the Company.
- Leading monthly check-ins with sales.
- Promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensuring staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establishing and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentoring and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Our ideal candidate is a service-minded individual who is reliable, clever, and able to work independently. More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you are:
- Experienced in leading teams of people, particularly in an early stage, technology led environments.
- Someone who gains personal satisfaction in serving others and sees the intrinsic value of mentoring.
- Naturally drawn to a "start-up" environment where the challenges of pushing for better ways of doing things is cultural.
- A collaborator and understand that clients and staff alike are on the same team and share the same goals.
- Personable and have the capacity to build positive relationships with colleagues, clients, the board, and vendors.
- Excited to learn all aspects of our business from the ground up and create reliable, durable, and scalable systems.
- An effective task manager and possess the ability to prioritize, delegate and manage many tasks.
- Detail oriented and have exemplary time management and organizational skills, while keeping the big picture in mind.
- A leader by example, you are happy to get your hands dirty and clean up a mess.
- Flexible and adaptable. You are invigorated by a dynamic environment, able to pivot between multiple priorities, and can rise to the challenge with a busy and ever-evolving environment to meet changing expectations.
- A strong communicator. You’re a balanced and comfortable presence around all people with a proven record of professional success, and some hard-won lessons only challenging situations or failure can teach. You communicate effectively with team members and clients alike, including under pressure. You’re comfortable reaching out proactively to ensure expectations are shared and met, and comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. A master’s degree in accounting, MBA strongly preferred.
- At least 15 years of related senior professional experience with a track record of success in rapidly scaling businesses.
- Strong track record of hiring, leading, and developing diverse teams, and building an innovative, agile, and inclusive culture resulting in a top-performing and highly engaged workforce.
- A deep capacity for resilience.
- Merger & acquisition experience.
- Experience working in technology focused organizations.
- A natural interest for helping/supporting others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
If you do not meet all these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.