The applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary and topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, utility surveys and construction stakeout utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. The position has opportunity for advancement for motivated individuals willing to learn the skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
Functions & Responsibilities:
· Will work primarily in the field assisting with various types of survey projects. Field tasks may include operating surveying instruments, brushing lines, collecting utility data, performing mathematical calculations, reading and understanding plans, and other duties as assigned.
· Office tasks may include assisting with the daily preparation for fieldwork, data input and management, research, deed plotting and ultimately more tasks as skills and knowledge increase.
· As an entry level land surveying position, you will carry out a range of assignments while learning the methods and procedures of the profession.
· Individual must possess good communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace work environment.
· Flexibility to change tasks and perform simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
· Must be willing and able to travel to project sites, client’s offices and other G&A offices to
· complete work, if required.
· Driving in excess of 2 hours at a time may be necessary for certain project locations.
· Operation of surveying instruments (Trimble preferred).
· Basic AutoCAD Civil 3D skills (preferred).
· Basic Microsoft Office skills.
· Have a can-do, positive attitude.
· Have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
· Must pass drug test, background check, and security clearances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to keep clear, descriptive and accurate field notes.
· Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor.
· Ability to work with staff of all levels.
· Detail oriented and can self-manage tasks.
· Have strong math skills and perform field calculations and sketching.
· Follow G&A Quality Assurance procedures.
Flexibility to work overtime as required
Knowledge of field survey operations, engineering and construction industry
Ability to meet project deadlines within budget
Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team member
Desire to excel in a fast-paced work environment
Ability to take and apply direction
Essential Position Requirements:
· Occasional regional travel required
· The ability and desire to expand your skillsets and adapt to new technologies by always wanting to learn.
· A can-do attitude and willingness to work overtime
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record.
· Work in various weather conditions.
We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.