HGC is actively seeking an experienced Class A or B CDL Water Truck Driver. This position is part of the Fleet Maintenance and Logistics division located at 303 Forsyth Hall Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Report to 303 Forsyth Hall Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273 daily.
· Drive to multiple sites each day and perform dust control, set stone, wet soil material for compaction and wash streets & parking lots as needed.
· Utilize HGC’s core values in daily duties.
· Communicate professionally with everyone on site, including but not limited to supervisors, teammates, contractors, clients and vendor partners.
· Understand, interpret and follow directions from Logistics Manager, foreman or superintendent.
· Other duties as assigned occasionally when water is not needed on projects.
· Class A or B CDL is required.
· Both Air Brake and Tanker endorsements are required.
· One (1) year or more of driving a water truck is preferred.
· A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be run on anyone considered for this position.
· Must be willing to work Monday through Friday 7AM-7:30PM, as well as Saturdays when needed. End of the day ranges from 5:30PM to 7:30PM depending on when the job is finished for the day.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and teammates.
· Ability to understand goals and direction.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
· A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
· Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
· Teammates must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl as required to perform key duties.
· Drivers must be able to climb on and off equipment safely while maintaining three (3) points of contact.
· Drivers must be able to hook up hydrant hose to fire hydrant and turn hydrant bolt on and off to activate water to fill the trucks.
· Maintain constant alertness and situational awareness while on the job site.
· Work is performed outdoors, exposing those teammates to all weather conditions.
· Teammates may be exposed to varying levels of noise, dust and substances commonly found on construction sites.
· Any other physical demand the assigned duties require.
· Competitive Pay (based on experience)
· Medical Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Group Term Life
· Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
· Voluntary Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Signature 40-Hour Guarantee
· Bonus Pay Program (up to 4 weeks’ pay per year based on company performance)
· Free Training Programs at the HGC Academy
o CAT Simulators
o Classroom Training
o Professional Development
HGC operates in a 65-mile radius from Charlotte, North Carolina. By applying for this position, you acknowledge our operation radius and understand your commute could reach up to one (1) hour. Field Teammates are asked to move job sites as project needs change and occasionally report to the HGC Academy for training.
HGC is an industry-recognized, award-winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial and residential projects. Voted one of Charlotte Observer’s Top Places to Work 2018-2020 and Top Workplaces USA 2021, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork, education, safety and the well-being of our teammates on every level.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. HGC is a drug-free workplace.