Out Teach’s vision is that every child, no matter their resources, deserves an effective education; one that engages them, inspires them, and provides them with new opportunities to succeed. By combining field-tested, professional learning with exciting outdoor spaces, Out Teach equips teachers to get outside—beyond the classroom—to create unforgettable learning experiences and measurable results. Out Teach works with districts, principals, and community partners to help teachers master experiential learning and unlock student performance.
This position reports to a Lead Coach and delivers the highest quality products and services to our district and school partners, consistently and with fidelity. Instructional Coaches develop meaningful relationships with teachers and school administrators to provide training and job-embedded coaching. This position also develops content and curriculum and represents Out Teach at conferences and events. Additionally, coaches are responsible for implementing elements of the organization’s evaluation plan. Coaches must be able to provide services in regions other than their home region as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below with fidelity to the Out Teach service delivery model. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
- Design and deliver Teacher Professional Learning
- Facilitate job-embedded Instructional Coaching
- Facilitate Out Teach Learning Community as needed
- Present at local, state, and national conference sessions
- Write lesson plans and modules in multiple content areas using the 5E instructional model
- Utilize the Out Teach online platform to share resources with school partners and provide schools with experiential learning expertise
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the school level to ensure Learning Labs are embedded in each school’s culture
- Coordinate closely with Partnership Manager to ensure smooth service delivery
- Coordinates site visits with Partnerships team as needed
- Implement elements of the organization’s evaluation plan
- Support Learning Lab enhancements and “Big Dig” installations.
- Advocate for experiential learning and share expertise with the broader Out Teach community
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Well-organized and detailed early starter.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment and contribute to a growing organization.
- Flexible and adapts well to change.
- Persons who are bilingual Spanish/English are desirable.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven office environment
- Professional contact with external customers, vendors, colleagues, associates, supervisors, and staff at all levels of the organization
- A four-year college degree in a relevant field of study is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as an elementary classroom teacher, with 3 years facilitating outdoor experiential learning
- Range of teaching experience across grade levels and content areas with expertise in science and experiential learning best practices
- Experience leading teacher professional development
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Willingness and ability to travel to various locations in the region, three or more days per week, with some travel in-state and out-of-state travel (20-25%)